The Zodiac Files: Taurus (April 20th-May 20th)
Welcome back to our Zodiac series. We’re going in-depth on the qualities and destiny of each sign. We’re also including memes for your sign at the end of each post, to lighten things up.
In later posts, we’ll discuss how birth charts work + how various placements in the chart affect each sign. Eventually, this series of posts will go extremely in depth.
So follow us to stay posted on spiritual, magical, and astrological matters.
Now let’s jump in + learn more about strategic, stubborn, sensual Taurus.
Key Traits of a taurus Sign (June 21st-July 22nd)
Taurus handles their life with strategy, resolve, and style.
- Symbol: The Bull
- Personality: Stubborn, lazy, strategic, sensual, routine, practical, self-absorbed, prioritizes their own pleasure
- Element: Earth. “Earth signs keep it real. They are the “grounded” people on the planet, the ones who bring us down to earth and remind us to start with a solid foundation.” They build from the ground up and can be a bit materialistic, with an inner desire to accumulate stability through the possession of beautiful things.
- Celestial Body: Venus, ruler of Love and sensuality
- Spirit Color: Pink or Green
- Common Aura Colors: Green, Pink, Blue, Gold
- Birth Stone: Emerald
- Key Words: I Have
- Flowers: Roses and Poppies
The fixed Quality– Taurus endures to get their reward
Taurus is one of the four fixed signs. The fixed quality occurs once each season + once in each of the four elements. It indicates that Taurus “brings an elemental energy of endurance and stability”. Taurus is the fixed sign of the Earth tribe + therefore is the most grounded sign of all.
The primary Taurus strengths can be found in their patience, peacefulness, and consideration.
However, they also have lessons to learn and karmic responsibilities. “While Taurus has an intense internal drive, they sometimes have trouble respecting authority, especially if asked to do something they think is pointless or should be done differently. Learning to be flexible and go with the flow can be an advantage to Taurus. And while Taureans have a rich internal life, they value external attributes and may overlook someone who doesn’t have the perfect outfit, car, or resume. Learning the benefits of getting to know someone before writing them off can be a lifelong lesson to a Taurean, especially in love, where they might be too hasty to write off a perfect match.”
So Taurus tends to be stubborn, and preoccupied with the way things look, and this is because they are looking for a reward for themselves.
To their credit, they can put up with a lot of shit for appearances’ sake or to get what they want- but they must learn when to draw the line and say, “This reward isn’t worth compromising on higher values + maturity.”
On their life’s journey they ought to learn to be less materialistic + superficial, and open their minds up to going with the flow. They have to accept that things can’t always be done their way, because that is selfish and leads to bad karma.
The most mature + successful Tauruses are here to set an example for how to handle both struggle and success with amazing fortitude, strategy, and aesthetics.
If Taurus never develops more generosity + openmindedness, they will succumb to the negative traits of their sign and essentially be self-absorbed + stubborn into their next life. Rest assured the universe will challenge them to go deeper + to be more accepting of others + their preferences until they reach a breakthrough.
It is their karmic task to learn to let go, accept, and cut off what no longer serves them rather than staying rooted for too long in the wrong place. They must equip themselves to cultivate emotional depth and higher values, with plenty of listening to other people, compassion, and reflection.
Once they learn to work with others’ feelings + develop a sense of gratitude + generosity, Tauruses make mature, grounded, and aesthetic AF friends.
The 5 Top Reasons to Love Being a Taurus
- Taurus’ symbol, the Bull, not only exemplifies strength, it’s also an immediate visual representation that shows the sign’s bravery, passion, and determination.
- Taurus is one of the best lovers of the Zodiac. With careful attention to detail, Bulls always satisfy others—and know exactly how to satisfy themselves, too.
- Bulls are powerfully resilient. Nothing can bring this sign down, and adversity only makes them stronger.
- Taurus’ ruling planet, Venus, rules love and money, and Taureans are gifted in finding both.
- Bulls are adept at making their vision become reality. They are amazing artists, engineers, and designers, able to work through problems to bring about their vision.